Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm not dead. Lady GaGa isn't always right, and gays don't have to support illegal immigration!

Dear friends, It’s been forever since I last blogged. I apologize for my long absence, and the sparse amount of time I intend to spend online in the future. My life isn’t changing. I am changing my life. My priorities are changing. I’ve been so busy fighting for equal rights in this country that I have not taken the time to really enjoy the wonderful rights that I do have, such as the freedom to pursue happiness with my family. For all the rights that bigoted, fake, Christians want to deny everyone like me and my family, there is one thing they cannot ever take away, and that is our happiness. I have so much love in my home. I am so blessed with a partner and two children who love me so much. I don’t need anything else, and I never did. That doesn’t mean that I will stop expecting people to treat me with the same respect I give them. Nobody steps on my toes without learning a lesson. That will never change.

The face of gay activism is changing, and it’s not as pretty as it should be, in my observation. Men who never put on a speck of make up are dressing up in drag as cartoon characters to protest prop 8. I understand that they want to be anonymous and there’s still a lot to fear, but it’s not a circus parade, it’s a civil rights protest. Save that shit for the pride parade, but don’t bring ridiculous, stereotypical shit to a marriage protest. It’s just plain stupid and does nothing for the cause of equality for anyone but freaks, which we are already viewed as by too many true freaks of society as it is. You want respect? Look respectable! It’s a good fucking place to start! You won’t see me showing up at a gay rights protest in full make up or a thong. There’s a time and a place for everything. The time and place for those things is after dark in a gay bar, or perhaps on your personal you tube page.

3 years ago Lady GaGa was nothing but a concept directed at the LGBT demographic which makes up a large portion of record sales. Now she’s the icon of the equality movement. I always applaud the efforts of any celeb who has the guts to come out of the closet. The problem is that the big celebs tend to be given a pedestal on which to speak on behalf of ALL LGBT people. What I’ve discovered is that it’s really not such a good thing. Not all gays agree with Lady GaGa. Many gays find her taste and her music to be overly sensationalized and too hypersexual for the teens who worship her, and the fans she calls “little monsters”. While I doubt that I will ever stop loving Lady GaGa or her music, I can’t say that I really like her form of activism, or the belittling way she refers to her fans. I am nobody’s “little” anything. I’m just a guy who likes her songs. Nothing less and certainly nothing more in her busy eyes. I’m a grown man and I don’t need society thinking that a pop icon with a hot ass is the speaking for me. I‘ve been speaking for myself since GaGa was a fetus. Her latest attempt to tie the LGBT equality movement with a pro illegal alien agenda is twisted.

Gays and illegal immigration:

Gays have the right to oppose illegal immigration, and the severe damage it causes society and our economy, without our most prominent speakers trying to make us all sound like we’re in the same boat with those who crossed our borders illegally. We’re not. Illegal aliens can always get married, as long as they’re straight, and there’s nothing wrong with that. ALL American citizens should be able to marry whoever they want, regardless of where they are from. What pisses me off is that gays and lesbians receive less rights that illegal aliens, under our constitution. That’s fucked up! Regardless of how you feel about illegal immigration, you can’t deny the fact that heterosexual illegal aliens have the right to marry, in any state, in the USA and gays and lesbians do not. That’s not a reason to hate illegal aliens. I would never suggest that anyone do that. However, we must not be blind to the fact that there are an estimated 12-20 million people in this country who are using the emergency room as a family doctor, raising medical and insurance costs for us all. They are receiving food stamps and medical cards that are being paid for with tax dollars of hard working US citizens. For every single illegal alien who is breaking the law to be here, there is a legal immigrant, at the back of the line, waiting for his application to be approved. Would you let someone cut in line in front of you? I sure as hell wouldn’t! Legal immigration benefits all Americans. Illegal immigration opens the door to identity theft, increased unemployment and overburdened local, state and Federal programs designed to help America’s poor, not every poor person who hates their own country so much they come here for a free handout. You don’t have to agree with me. You can call me a racist, but you’d be wrong. I haven’t mentioned race in this blog at all. Go back and read it again if you think I did.

The Facts:

Anyone who calls me a racist for my realistic view on illegal immigration is in denial of the facts. While it’s true that an estimated 75% of illegal immigrants cross the Mexican border, it is also a fact that not all of those illegals are Mexican. In fact, Mexico is just the corrupt gateway with coyotes and drug lords and human sex traffickers of choice because the border is so porous. That’s not the fault of illegal aliens. That blame lies squarely on our own government and to each and every citizen who has supported the slave trade on the border for decades. There are 300 Million people living in the USA. Our country was attacked, within our own borders on 9/11. We all have a responsibility to make our voices heard on border security. We cannot address it without addressing the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens, who could be coming here to harm us, via our most lethal border. I’ve been speaking up, publicly for increased border security and enforcement of the Federal immigration laws that are already on the books since 2007. This issue is only going to get worse, so I strongly advise everyone to brace yourselves. Without a government that has the balls to enforce the laws we already have, there is little hope of a resolution anytime soon. Until then, racism will rear it’s ugly head, on both sides of the debate, while our border remains insecure and tax payers continue to fund the education, medical care, food stamps, and criminal legal fees for those who broke our law the moment they overstayed their visa or crossed the border without a legal right to do so.

I realize that not everybody agrees with me, and you have that right. However, to address it before it happens…. I am not a racist. I lived in South America. I speak fluent Spanish. I love my friends from all corners of the globe. At the same time, I am a patriot and I love the country that I was legally born into and call home. If you want to disconnect from me because we disagree on any issue, that is your prerogative. Just know that it takes a very weak person to pull the race card and dismiss me, based on my opinions. I never say anything because it’s popular. While it’s true that there is no shortage of fat, lazy Americans, I know, first hand that there is no lack of fat, lazy, illegal aliens out there who are milking the system and not putting anything into it. I can’t judge all people by the actions of a few, but that doesn’t stop those who oppose my views from doing so. To call me a lazy American, or a cracker or a honkey, is just plain ignorant, and I’ve got no time for that shit. Truth be told, I am half Native American, so all of you can just pack up and get the fuck off of my land!!!!! LOL Seriously though, you don’t see Native Americans trying to turn back time and reclaim the land that was conquered from them. My ancestors never enslaved anyone. Native Americans continue to struggle in their own battles for civil equality in the USA. Until we secure the freedoms of those who belong here, we shouldn’t be advocating for unearned rights of those who are stealing jobs, social services and educational opportunity from our own families. Don’t agree? Fine. Agree to disagree respectfully if you want any respect from me.

I am no longer a gay activist. I no longer make gay news videos. I am just a fellow American citizen with an axe to grind in the occasional blog. I have nothing to gain or lose by speaking my mind. What you see is what you get. Don’t like it? Don’t let the door hit on you the way out! Get it? Got it? Good!

As always, you can check out my official website at www.chazonator.com to learn more about gay rights, activism and how I evolved into who I am today.

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for dropping out of gay activism, considering how our own people behave.
    Since we last emailed, my ex's Jesus freak housemates sent me anti-semetic slurs behind his back. This was made fun of and/or ignored by the same gay activists who laughed at the mail tampering the housemates did.
    I tried showing these slurs to Wayne Besen at Truth Wins Out, since Wayne is himself Jewish.
    Wayne's response was to make fun of the slurs, and to post jokes about mental illness at the Truth Wins Out site--he continues to get support from other activists for this kind of conduct.

    The other day's Prop 8 victory came to us via straight allies, as most of our victories do, because our own people would rather hate on each other than fight for equality.
    Is it any wonder that I & so many other LGBT people developed mental health issues in an environment as toxic as this?

    BTW, because of those slurs, the Anti-Defamation League is now looking into all the abuse I've been subjected to.
    Jews have always supported each other, queers never have.

    I don't always sleep well. Sometimes I sit up all night, watching TV but not really watching. I grieve for the loss of an LGBT community, that has, for all intents and purposes, turned into a hate group.

    Dropping out of gay bactivism is the best thing a decent person like you can do for yourself and your family.
    Peace and love, Mr. Chaz.

    ReplyDelete