Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jesus hates me, this I know. A fake ass Christian told me so!

“Chaz, you were so sweet, and now you just seem to do nothing but bitch and whine”




This is a comment I received from someone this morning on myspace. I make no excuses for who I am, and like everybody, I can be sweet, or I can be sour. That’s the salt in my sugar, and I wouldn’t be human if I stayed “happy” all the time. I’d be a fucking robot. Accept me as I am or walk away, but don’t ever tell me that I have to be what you want me to be at any given time. Chazonator just doesn’t fucking work that way!



So, WTF? I’m not allowed to get pissed off or use foul language or express myself as a real person anymore because it’s not in keeping with the sweet, witty host of Naked Truth Gay News In Review? Oh hell no! Just because I tone it down in my videos, it doesn’t mean that I am any less angry about the bullshit happening to LGBT people everywhere, that I report in them. I am very angry about the state of equality, and the opposition to it in this world. I am sick and tired of these idiotic assholes who claim to “own” marriage as a religious right. Marriage is a legal institution, and anyone who can’t see that is just blinded by their own fucking hypocrisy! If people are only meant to fuck in order to procreate, then why are there so many senior Christians dating each other? It ain’t just for the companionship! If it’s good enough for Granny, it’s good enough for me!



You know, I encourage people to find spirituality, whenever and wherever they can. I believe in God. I respect the right of others not to. I have never pushed my spiritual beliefs off on anybody. So, why in the hell should I allow anyone to push theirs off on me? I don’t! Anyone who is truly secure in the God they believe in, and the moral values they’ve set for themselves, will not be out bashing others who think differently. I know the difference because I have friends of all religious persuasions. I respect my Christian, Muslim, Jewish and Hindi friends, and those of all other faiths, as long as they respect me. I give what I get. That’s the way it is. For as long as none of these friends is outwardly expressing animosity towards me for who I am, or what I believe, then I will never challenge or question their beliefs. It is only when I am confronted by someone who claims religious superiority over me, while insulting my right to be the free, adult that I am, that my claws come out, and then, it’s fucking on!!!!!





I am not a Muslim, Christian, Jew or Hindu. I am a person who believes in God in my own way. I do not promote my beliefs, but I don‘t put up with anybody who doesn‘t respect them either. I can cut a person into 1000 metaphorical pieces and leave them laying where they stand with my words. If they didn’t hear me the first time, they will feel me by the time I am done, and they will never forget it. The God I worship doesn’t deny me the right to defend myself. I don’t turn the other cheek. I take an eye for an eye, and I take no regrets with me when it’s over. I will never apologize for slamming my front door in the face of anyone who violates my space, my comfort zone, or my spiritual beliefs. They will be sorry they didn’t take no for an answer when they had the chance. If their God is so fucking powerful and mighty that HE could create everything in existence, then why the fuck does he need door to door sales people? Hasn’t he heard of the Internet?



Now I hate to say it, not only because I grew up Christian myself, but because I have a lot of Christian friends. At the risk of pissing some of you off, I gotta tell you that I do not believe in the bible. That doesn’t mean that I think less of anyone who does. It just means that I follow a different spiritual path than you do. Since going public with my sexuality in 2007, as a radio DJ and indie recording artist, I have received a lot of flack from people. I’ve been verbally gay bashed more times than I can count. 100% of the gay bashing I’ve received has come from people who identified themselves as Christians. It took me over a year to understand that these assholes are a vocal minority, and that the vast majority of Christians are amazingly kind hearted people who follow the word of Jesus Christ, first and foremost. Jesus Christ, as I learned from my own Christian upbringing, was never recorded to have said anything negative about homosexuality. Jesus was known as a forgiving, loving, accepting and gentle man. Homophobia is not Christ like, and nobody can prove that it is. Yet, this fact never stopped any of these “Christians” from cussing me out and calling me a faggot. If that’s the only impression that Christ is making on LGBT people, and it often is, then it’s no wonder there is so much tension between gays and Christians in this world. I admit that I still struggle with myself when it comes to fighting off “Christian” hate. I feel baited into perpetuating the battle by having to defend myself against someone who is using the most interpreted and translated book in history against me. It’s an endless and fruitless debate that gets no where, and I’m sick of it. I don’t care who you are or what your religion is, if you start preaching it against me, I will pick it apart and leave you to put it back together in your head, and don’t think I won’t point out the missing pieces. If there’s one thing that I do share in common with Jesus, it is the fact that I am a philosopher. If it doesn’t make sense, I won’t point it out unless I’m insulted into doing so by somebody ignorant. Believing that Jesus existed doesn’t make me a Christian. Accepting him as my lord and savior would do that. And while I’ve not done so, nor do I intend to, I cannot ignore the legacy of Jesus Christ, the historic figure whose life has been overly documented. Verses from the book of Leviticus, however, are like my shiny, little, Chinese stars. I won’t hesitate to wield them accordingly when anyone says, “Man shall not lay with man”. Leviticus is loaded with really stupid rules that no sane person in a civilized, modern society could live by. The New Testament condemns divorce, incest, and even stealing more than it does homosexuality. So, when people tell me to read the bible, I tell them to go read theirs, because there’s one passage that makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. “Judge not, lest ye be judged!!!”



The God I worship doesn’t restrict my ability to say the word fuck. My God doesn’t instill any desire in me to judge any other person, but I was born to defend myself. So, when the bible says, “Judge not, lest ye be judged”, I’m not going to wait for God to judge anyone who judges me. I’m on them like stink on shit. My pride is stronger than anybody’s hate.





Anyone who has a problem with my use of profanity, or choice of spiritual belief doesn’t have to stay around and watch me dig my tunnel to hell. There are many souls out there that can be “saved”, but when judgment is a part of the “saving”, it actually drives people away from your God. I actually feel sorry for my gay, Christian friends who have been rejected by their own religious institutions. There is nothing Christian about kicking gays out of your church. Had Jesus been that hateful, I doubt we’d even know his name by now.



Lastly, let me just say that I know atleast one Christian man who has sex with his wife, and I don’t think they’re shooting for another kid either. Is it my right to judge him for this? Absofuckinglutely not! Who am I to tell anybody who, when, how or why they have sex with another human being? And so, for anyone who still just doesn’t understand my defensive position on the issue of religious harassment, just imagine that anyone, of any faith that you do not follow, telling you who, when, where, or why you should have sex with anybody. Wouldn’t that piss you off too?

1 comment:

  1. Acadecraft, being one of the most reputed closed captioning services, works in alignment with technological developments and fulfills the requirement of businesses.
    closed captioning service providers
    live captioning service providers

    ReplyDelete